Saturday 11 January 2014

Naughty Sharks

The sharks are being naughty. Well elusive at least. Very frustrating. I managed two more dives without being sea sick which is bloody great. But no sharks... We spent ages taking it in turns looking at sea horses, which are pretty cool but all I could think about were sharks. Where are all the sharks!? There's me looking out into the murky depths, willing a hammerhead to appear, but no joy. Damn it. Two sea lions came to play when we first went down on the dive. They were super cool and came right up and played next to us. A beautiful eagle ray swam over the reef beside me and I found a couple of sting rays hiding in the sand. Really cool but where are the sharks!??

El Churro tortoise reserve is where some of the giant tortoises hang out. They are massive! Huge. One of them was 165 years old, which is pretty damn good going. They are beautiful creatures. 


Yesterday we visited San Cristobal island on a day tour. The first place we went was a sea lion colony with loads of baby sea lions. Oh. My. Goodness! They are super cute, like ridiculously cute. And so friendly, you can get right up close. But not too close, cos mama or papa gets a bit mad. I went in snorkelling with them and they were playing in the shallows bombing around right past me. I even managed to take some footage of them, which is a bit shaky but not too bad! I also saw a giant sea turtle. He was feeding off the rocks and not even remotely bothered that I was right next to him taking loads of photos. Such a tourist. 


I've now moved on to Isabella island, the largest of the islands. Me and a couple of friends are going to go up to the volcano tomorrow. Then the search for sharks starts again with some more diving and snorkelling trips... I need to find sharks!! 

Wish me luck, laters xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment