Thursday 24 April 2014

Inca Madness, LA la land and a very special cruise

The last 3 weeks of my trip were mental.. So much so that I didn't even have time to blog, so there's quite a bit to catch up on... I arrived in Cuzco from the Galápagos to driving rain and about a 15 degree temperature drop and I thought, jeez? What am I doing here!!? I've got to go trekking and camping in this?? But then the sun came out and all was ok again. Fate came and intervened again when it came to my trek. I'd booked on the Lares trek you see and when I went to find out when the orientation meeting was they said I was the only one booked on it. What?? So I'm going on my own?? No way!! As much as I'm sure it would of been great I wanted to go with a group, obviously. So I changed to the jungle adventure trek which, as fate would have it, was sooo much more fun and I had the most amazing group (thanks guys!!). So thank you fate, you are pretty cool. We started off at the top of snow capped mountains about 4000m above sea level....


Then we mountain biked down 42 km to the nearest town. It was totally amazing, taking in the beautiful scenery whilst hanging on for dear life trying not to fall off, it was a total rush. We were meant to go white water rafting that afternoon, but the rivers suddenly became too swollen and dangerous so it got cancelled, we drank beer and played super snap instead!!! The next day we trekked for 8 hours through stunning scenery, up huge hills, over land slides and across treacherously narrow paths... 


Which was worth it when we finally made it to the hot springs which were gorgeous.
The next day we went zip lining, which I loved. Head first in superman position was my favourite, it felt like I was flying. Upside down was cool too although I got covered in mud and caught my foot on the wire on the way down. What an awesome experience. 

A few more hours trekking lead us to Aguascalientes the town just below Macchu Picchu, phew, we were nearly there! The next morning we finally made it up to Macchu Picchu. Which is totally amazing, of course. And there we go, another tick off my dream list. Cool. 
Copped a feel at the top of course!!...



LA was fabulous!! Making the Spin Mop Mike video an absolute highlight!! Many lovely friends and fabulous people made it amazing, it was a brilliant few days, thanks everyone!! 


And the cruise... Well, what can I say!!??? No words can describe it so I'm going to keep that one to myself! Haha!! Thanks to all the very special people who made it so great. 


And so there it all is... 6 week adventure, done. 
Dream list complete (before I make a new one!!!)

Coming back to reality was tough. As you can imagine. But now that I'm over the initial shock I'm full of inspiration to plan the next adventure..... Watch this space...
Xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment